Call for Papers
Call for Papers
It is our pleasure to invite you to participate in the 2016 International Conference on Reconfigurable Computing and FPGAs (ReConFig 2016) that will be held during November 30 - December 2, 2016 in Cancun, Mexico.
Reconfigurable computing and FPGA technology have become major subjects of research in computing and electrical engineering as they have been identified as powerful alternatives for creating highly efficient computing systems. Reconfigurable computing offers substantial performance improvements when compared against traditional processing architectures via custom design and reconfiguration capabilities. Reconfiguration is characterized by the ability of hardware architectures or devices to rapidly alter the functionalities of its components and the interconnection between them as needed. Existing theoretical models and algorithms combined with commercially available devices, such as FPGAs, make Reconfigurable Computing a very powerful computing paradigm.
ReConFig is one of the leading forums in the field that brings together an appropriate mix of all theoretical and practical aspects of reconfigurable computing and FPGA technology. The conference promotes the use of reconfigurable computing and FPGAs devices for research, education, and applications, covering from hardware architectures and devices to custom computers and high performance systems.
ReConFig covers a broad spectrum of topics including, but not limited to:
- Models, methods, tools, and architectures for reconfigurable computing
- Compilation, simulation, debugging, synthesis, verification, and test of reconfigurable systems
- Field programmable gate arrays and other reconfigurable technologies
- Evolvable hardware and dynamic reconfiguration
- Algorithms implemented on reconfigurable hardware
- Reconfigurable computing education
- Reconfigurable computing applications
In addition to the general session, submissions are invited for the following tracks:
- Reconfigurable Computing for Networks and Communications
- Reconfigurable Computing with GPUs and APUs
- High Performance Reconfigurable Computing
- Multiprocessor Systems and Networks on Chip
- Productivity Environments and High Level Languages
- Reconfigurable Computing for Signal Processing
- Reconfigurable Computing for Security and Cryptography
- Reconfiguration Techniques
- Reconfigurable Computing in Space
- Phd Forum
Conference Proceedings will be edited by the IEEE and will appear at IEEE Xplore Digital Library. Authors of selected papers will be invited to submit an extended version for a ReConFig’16 Special Issue of an International Journal.
Double Blind Review
ReConFig follows a double blind review policy. Authors must write their papers so as not to disclose their identity or the identities of their co-authors. Do not use your name or your co-authors’ names, affiliations, funding sources, or acknowledgments in the heading or body of the document.
- Full Paper Submission: July 15 Aug 4, 2016
- Acceptance Notification: September 16 September 20, 2016
- Final paper submission: October 7 October 14, 2016
- Conference: November 30 - December 2, 2016